Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Home is where the liquor...oops, *HEART* is!

This week has been a bear...and it's only Wednesday. I honestly don't think this winter will ever end. There is a woman at work who gets really depressed every year at this time. This year has been a doosie. She has been to about 4 different doctors for about 4 different things in the past week. Today she went to the "heart doctor" because she didn't think she was getting enough oxygen to her brain. Geez, I thought, I wonder if I should go to the doctor because I am not getting enough booze to my liver. I am normally a sympathetic person for the most part; however, I have extreme issues lately as a result of living in the Motel 6 during this endless winter with someone (H) who is completely obsessed with a new house while I am kind of terrified at the thought of moving to some big place that doesn't feel like home nor does it have a yard or plants and I can't even describe all of this to H because this has been his total and lifelong dream so he just doesn't understand that I don't feel the same way about all things house. (I think that was a humongous run-on or something grammatically incorrect so many apologies to the reader here). I guess you have to be here to understand...and I am quite certain there are people in worse situations so I probably should get a grip, right? Ya, at least I have enough (I think) liquor...er, O2 circulating thru my liver...er, BRAIN.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When do you get to move in?The cold weather...where do you live?and clouded days always put me in a more somber mood.I love to have the windows open.

walktrotcanter said...

We probably won't be in the new house until June...hopefully by then the sun will be out! We live in an apartment (fondly nicknamed The Motel 6) in NW Indiana. It is probably colder in MN (isn't that where all of you live?) so I guess I shouldn't complain...