Wednesday, March 16, 2005

And the gold goes to....

Last evening after work I went to my little job at the barn to longe OZ the giant. I think I am falling in love with him. Probably because he is 8' tall, dark with velvety eyes, and priced way out of my budget. He was such a good boy! After I finished with OZ, El Instructor told me I should ride since that is what my little job is for anyway and I was working with OZ a lot and not even riding much. Did someone say RIDE??

I was once again alone under the lights of the Olympic arena with my grand prix stallion. A canter here, a diagonal of extended trot there, a little piaffe and passage and then we finished with an X/Halt/Salute. Ya right. But it was great fun! First I had to trudge through the mud outside to the pasture because my poor lesson horse has been booted from the comfy barn to make room for another boarder (who happens to be a friend of mine who happens to live with a guy who is a neurologist who happens to cheerfully and willingly support her riding habit thereby last week buying her a dapple grey Arabian with bloodlines for $13K...whateveah.). When I found my trusty quarter horse, he was caked with mud. Poor little guy. I saddled-up after chipping away the necessary areas for saddle and girth, and we were off! I was indeed alone in the indoor arena which was very nice even tho my trusty steed kept moving away from my mounting block every time I tried to get on him. When I was at last in the saddle, it took me about 15 mins to get him on the bit...we are still working on that part but believe me, 15 mins is an IMPROVEMENT! I rode my muddy-legged horse for about an hour total and when I happened to look up to the viewing area above the arena, El Inst. was giving me a thumbs up...so I must have been doing ok. YEAH! A somewhat healing marriage, a very nice full time job, volunteer work to pay back to my community and what makes me smiley and happy like a 5 year old? A muddy chestnut quarter horse who barely lets me on his back. I am so wierd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I joke around alot but I have to say I always am inspired to find a hobby I love after I read your blog...I can truely tell from your posts you just love to ride...